Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dear KORI

Dear Kori.. Today is your birthday. You are 3 today.. I miss you so much. Im sure you are having a great time in heavan with all your loved ones. Say hi to Grandpa for me.. I have so many emotions today. I remember how strong the spirit was when i was in labor. I could not shed a tear. I remember when you came out and you were so beautiful. You were so tiny! i loved that hour and a half we got. To hold you and to let you know how much you love you. I was so sad, but happy to know you chose me to be your mommy. You are perfect and that is such a comfort to me and your Daddy. We will get to raise you and be with you forever. What a great feeling. I think the hardest part was giving the nurse your precious body when you decided it was time to be with your heavenly father again. Your visit was so short. but forever remembered. Me and your dad had the hardest time leaving the hospital cause we knew that we were leaving without a baby. But heavenly father comforted us so much. We knew we would be okay. The day that we had your graveside Was a very painful day also. Your dad got you dressed in a beautiful white dress. and we put a picture of us 3 in your tiny casket with you. We all look so happy. Of course my milk came in that day. So i was swollen and crying over everything. We are dealing with pain that i still think about everyday of my life. There is a selfish side of me that wants you on the earth right now. But i know you are in a much better place. I cant help but think of what a blast you and Brylee would have. Im sure you are just the best big sister anyone could ask for. KORI.. I want you to know i have a testimony of this gospel. I love it so very much. I am so thankful for the attonment and for our savior. I am so thankful for the love and bond we have. and for the wonderful experiance it was to go through what i did. It made our whole family so close. I am thankful for trials. they are hard but heavenly father would never give us anything we couldnt handle. I love you more then words can say. I miss you more then you will ever know. I still have my days. and your daddy does to. But we have the comfort of knowing we get to be with you again. We are sure trying to live the best we can and be the best we can so that we can raise you and be with you FOREVER.. We love you sweetheart! AMEN...

9 comments:

The Lusks said...

What a sweet post, you have me in tears. I am so sorry for what you have gone through but it has clearly made you a stronger person spiritually. You are amazing and I don't know how you deal with the pain. Just know that I love you and have been thinking of you and my precious perfect little neice all day.

Happy Birthday Kori I cannot wait to see you again. Say hello to Grandma and Aunt Kaisha for me. I love you so much.

PS. The pictures are adorable too I wish we would have came.

trudy...{and jamo} said...

that is sooooooo sweet. i can't believe Kori is already 3! What a sweet angel.

Haley said...

Wow Melissa, that was a powerful post. Had me crying. You are so strong and I look up to you for all that you have gone through.

Kyle & Krachelle said...

Hey girlie, that made me bawl, I know she misses you too, but she looks out for you guys from heaven! oh ya and kori, say hi to my little guy and send him here soon!

Chandice said...

K, I am sobbing. Melissa, I can't even put in words how beautiful and touching that letter was. My mom also delivered my brother when I was 15 and had to leave the hospital without him. I know it was one of the hardest things she has ever done. We send balloons to Heaven every year and that helps. I just want to say simply, wow. You are an amazing person and so much stronger than I could be in that situation. I look up to you. You are a great mother and will be blessed for your sweet example to others...thanks :)

The Seely's said...

Hey Melissa!
That was beautiful! I will never forget the day you were sealed forever. That was probably one of the most spiritual things I have witnessed in my life. I am sure Kori Ray is with you more than you can imagine. I hope all is well! Hope to see you soon. Adrie needs to see Bryley:)

The Seely's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ThE CaRr SuPeRsTaRs said...

Melissa! You are AMAZING!!! This was such a sweet and tender post, I was crying the whole time reading it! What a comfort it is to know ahe is with her Heavenly Father and that you will be with her again someday. The gospel is great we'd be so lost without it!!You're a GREAT Mommy!! I love you!! :)

cat+tadd=sam said...

Goodness you sure know how to bring a person to tears! You are such an amazing, strong girl! Thank you for sharing this!